SAY NO TO COMMERCIAL SANITARY PADS ENDING UP IN LANDFILLS: Each woman usually uses around 200kg of disposable period products throughout her menstruating years. This is a staggering number as all these products are made of plastic and cannot be recycled. These reusable, re-washable sanitary period towels are the best eco-alternative and you too can save the planet one month at a time!
PERFECT FOR MEDIUM FLOW PERIOD OR FIRST DAYS OF THE CYCLE: Our EarthBits Medium Size Period Pads are 25 * 7cm, perfect for heavier periods, or the first days of the cycle, as well as incontinence pads for bladder leakage.
SOFT BAMBOO LINING THAT WILL KEEP YOU DRY AND COMFORTABLE: These eco-friendly period pads are made with an incredibly soft yet resistant charcoal bamboo lining. The bamboo is well known for its natural antibacterial properties and guarantees extra hygiene. Their extra-absorbent nature will keep you dry and fresh for hours.
NO LEAKING, GREAT ECO-FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVE EVEN ON THE MOVE: The outer layer of these reusable eco-friendly sanitary pads is made with a waterproof, stain-resistant PUL fabric. They are easily fitted to your underwear by securing the pad with the poppers on the sides.
The day I read a report that made me realised that I, as an average woman, was meant to be using approximately 200 Kg of period products throughout the whole course of my menstruating life, a switch just went off. This meant that I, like every other woman on the planet who uses disposable pads, was creating nearly 200Kg of plastic by simply having my monthly period.
The decision to swapping to an eco-friendly alternative was a no-brainer and loved it so much that we decided to create our own line of reusable and re-washable sanitary pads. They are as easy to use as disposable ones, but they allow you to save money (as you can use them over and over again) and the planet too! Our EarthBits ones come with a lovely flower print.
- Stain-resistant PUL printed fabric, great for avoiding leakage
- Charcoal bamboo lining for extra softness and absorbency
- Long-lasting sanitary pads, you will end up saving money in the long run!
- Machine washable, at 30 Degrees Celcius
- A sustainable alternative to fighting period-generated pollution
- 2 side poppers to securely fit the liner to the underwear and guaranteeing no leaking while moving.
- Foldable in pocket-size pouches
- Size: 25x7cm
HOW TO USE
- Place the sanitary pad into your underwear, making sure the bamboo charcoal fabric is positioned upwards.
- Secure the pad by snapping together the poppers underneath the gusset of your knickers.
- Once used, rinse under cold water folding the pad and gently rubbing the inner lining together. You can do this under the sink or even in the shower. Rinse and rub until there is no more leakage in the water.
- You can either keep your reusable sanitary towels in a wet bag or in a bucket until your next wash!
- In order to increase their lifetime, we recommend hand washing or machine washing water at 30 Degree Celcius max.
- Let them air dry; tumble driers are not only bad for the environment but they will also shorten your panty liner durability.
All EarthBits products come with minimal packaging or no packaging whenever possible, in our ever-growing efforts to minimise our waste and impact on the environment. This eco-friendly sanitary pad only comes with a simple label made of recycled and recyclable brown paper, printed with non-toxic ink.
All EarthBits packaging is 100% plastic-free and recyclable, using recycled or reused cardboard boxes, recycled/recycling paper and recyclable tape. Please re-use your packaged box should you need to send something else to a friend, family member or for your business, alternatively you can reuse it as a storage box in the house. Upcycling is one of our favourite zero-waste habits here at EarthBits!
First off, thank you for visiting our website! We starting our own journey as a zero-waste family with a clear goal in mind to make meaningful changes in our habits and lifestyle; our mantra has always been “have less impact on the planet, create less waste, and become better, more sustainable consumers”.
In our quest to swap plastic or disposable products with durable, plastic-free and less wasteful alternatives, we found there were companies we fell we could trust completely. These companies are now part of the EarthBits family and we are very proud to collaborate with them and showcase their products on this site!
On the other hand, we also found there were a lot of other products that were advertised as “eco-friendly” but didn’t seem to us as sustainable or ethical as we wanted them to be. With that in mind, we decided to launch our own brand of products, sourced from small, often family-run suppliers we can fully trust.
All our products have a story to tell, and they have been made with our beautiful Earth in mind! I hope you will love them as much as we do!