ZERO WASTE WAY TO SHAVE: The EPA estimates that about 2 billion disposable razors are tossed out every year. And if you are getting a new razor once every 2-4 weeks, you could be contributing over 100 razors and/or blades to that pile. But with safety razors, all you have to do is change the blade, and even then, it is recyclable.
MADE WITH MORE SUSTAINABLE BAMBOO: Most razors are made with some kind of plastic. This can be an issue as plastic can take thousands of years to degrade if it does at all. Bamboo, however, is a fast-growing material and is very stable. It will last a long time, and when it is done, the bamboo in the handle can be composted. This is a great way to reduce the amount of waste that one produces annually.
STAINLESS STEEL BLADES: Easily recyclable, they are a much better alternative to plastic razors. If you treat your razor well, the blades will stay sharper for longer and it will really help not only save money, but also the planet!
GREAT WAY TO SHAVE REGARDLESS OF EXPERIENCE: When many people consider trying a safety razor, they are nervous. And while you do have to be more careful with this razor as opposed to regular ones you buy at the store, you are still unlikely to cut yourself. These razors are great whether you are just starting to shave, or if you have shaved for decades!
Reusable safety razors are incredibly wasteful as they need to be replaced every few weeks, or at least one a month. Stainless steel safety razors are the best eco-friendly alternative to it, the only thing that needs replacing is the stainless steel blades, which are easily and widely recyclable.
- Bamboo handle for better grip and security
- Gives a nice smooth shave
- Great for any experience level
- Minimal packaging, fully recyclable
- 100% Plastic-Free
- Unisex, great for all!
- INCLUDES: 1 Safety Razor with Bamboo Handle; 1 pack of 10 stainless steel blades, fully recyclable
Stainless-steel safety guard and trimmings, Bamboo handle.
Stainless steel blades.
HOW TO USE
- Use a shaving soap bar, or shave cream. We like this one because it makes a lovely lather. Apply foam to the skin while ensuring that the area you want to shave is thoroughly wet.
- Take your time, especially if you are a beginner user. Shaving with a safety razor is not difficult, you just need to get used to it!
- Rinse the razor head under hot water before you start, and make sure you rinse it again after every few swipes to remove accumulated shaving foam and hairs.
- Hold the razor at a 30° angle: keep the angle of the head of the razor at about 30 degrees to the surface of the skin. The razor has a safety guard but it doesn’t bend in the same way a disposable razor does, so. Pull loose skin around areas like your knees, ankles and jawline tight to avoid any cuts or nicks.
- Don’t apply too much pressure. This is usually why people cut themselves, just gently take short and smooth strokes on the kin.
- Once done shaving, rinse your skin with cold water and pat dry. Remove any excess hairs and shaving products from the razors with hot water and dry thoroughly with a clean cloth.
All EarthBits products come with minimal packaging or no packaging whenever possible, in our ever-growing efforts to minimise our waste and impact on the environment. This safety razor with bamboo handle only comes with a simple cardboard box, widely recyclable. Stainless Steel blades come in recyclable cardboard box.
All EarthBits packaging is 100% plastic-free and recyclable, using recycled or reused cardboard boxes or mailing bags, recycled/recycling paper and recyclable tape. Please re-use your packaged box should you need to send something else to a friend, family member or for your business, alternatively you can reuse it as a storage box in the house. Upcycling is one of our favourite zero-waste habits here at EarthBits!
First off, thank you for visiting our website! We starting our own journey as a zero-waste family with a clear goal in mind to make meaningful changes in our habits and lifestyle; our mantra has always been “have less impact on the planet, create less waste, and become better, more sustainable consumers”. In our quest to swap plastic or disposable products with durable, plastic-free and less wasteful alternatives, we found there were companies we fell we could trust completely. These companies are now part of the EarthBits family and we are very proud to collaborate with them and showcase their products on this site! On the other hand, we also found there were a lot of other products that were advertised as “eco-friendly” but didn’t seem to us as sustainable or ethical as we wanted them to be. With that in mind, we decided to launch our own brand of products, sourced from small, often family-run suppliers we can fully trust. All our products have a story to tell, and they have been made with our beautiful Earth in mind! I hope you will love them as much as we do!