PLASTIC FREE CLEANING SPONGES: Can I compost sponges? Yes of course, if they are made of compostable material, such as these ones! These biodegradable sponges are made 100% of cellulose which is natural wood fibre.
BIODEGRADABLE AND ECO-FRIENDLY SET OF SPONGES: it is sometimes so confusing to know whether a product is truly eco-friendly. These sponges are very long lasting, helping you to avoid waste, but they are also free from any synthetic plastic material. As they are made of wood pulp, they can be added to your compost when you are done using them! If you are not sure what you can add to your home compost, make sure to check our blog post here!
GREAT FOR CLEANING KITCHEN AND BATHROOM: This set of 2 eco sponges can be used for many purposes, with some natural dish soap to do the washing up, or together with some natural cleaning products to clean bathrooms, sinks, counters, oven more.
These cellulose sponges are an amazing eco-friendly swap you can add to your cleaning routine. There are so many reasons to add compostable products to the list of things we use in our homes, and cleaning products are definitely one of the most important as we tend to use them incredibly frequently, and also discard them routinely. Choose a plastic free sponge instead that is made with fully natural materials instead of plastic.
- Set of 2 eco-friendly sponges
- Made with 100% cellulose (wood pulp)
- Multi-purpose: great for the kitchen, the bathroom, and ant other area of the house that needs a spruce up.
- Durable and Long Lasting
- 100% compostable and plastic free
- Come naked, no packaging at all!
- Vegan friendly and cruelty free
- 100% cellulose (wood pulp)
HOW TO USE
- Before the first use, run each sponge under water, that will hydrate them and will make them grow in thickness and size!
- Use together with one of our Marseille soaps to wash your dishes, or with one of our Iron and Velvet eco friendly cleaning products to wipe surfaces like a kitchen counter, table, sink, windows, oven etc
- They are also great for cleaning the bathroom, including shower, bathtub, and ceramic surfaces.
- Once your sponge is all used up, cut it in small pieces and pop it in your compost. It will naturally biodegrade.
This compostable sponge comes with no packaging at all. Zero waste is our motto!
All EarthBits packaging is 100% plastic-free and recyclable, using recycled or reused cardboard boxes, recycled/recycling paper and recyclable tape. Please re-use your packaged box should you need to send something else to a friend, family member or for your business, alternatively you can reuse it as a storage box in the house. Upcycling is one of our favourite zero-waste habits here at EarthBits!
First off, thank you for visiting our website! We starting our own journey as a zero-waste family with a clear goal in mind to make meaningful changes in our habits and lifestyle; our mantra has always been “have less impact on the planet, create less waste, and become better, more sustainable consumers”.
In our quest to swap plastic or disposable products with durable, plastic-free and less wasteful alternatives, we found there were companies we fell we could trust completely. These companies are now part of the EarthBits family and we are very proud to collaborate with them and showcase their products on this site!
On the other hand, we also found there were a lot of other products that were advertised as “eco-friendly” but didn’t seem to us as sustainable or ethical as we wanted them to be. With that in mind, we decided to launch our own brand of products, sourced from small, often family-run suppliers we can fully trust.
All our products have a story to tell, and they have been made with our beautiful Earth in mind! I hope you will love them as much as we do!