GET YOUR DOSE OF VITAMIN-D GUILT-FREE: Chemical free, plastic-free, not tested on animals and the tin is made from 100% aluminium.
100% PROTECTION AND 100% NATURAL: There are only 4 ingredients in this sunscreen; Shea butter, Coconut oil, Beeswax and Zinc Oxide (occurs naturally in nature)
FREE FROM BURN INHIBITORS: Commonly found sunscreens contain a chemical that reduces the sensation of burning. No sunscreen can block 100% of the sun’s rays. So, using a burn inhibitor can cause serious damage because you don’t feel yourself burning.
YOUR FAMILY’S SKIN PROTECTED: Tested in the lab and real conditions, to EU standards, this cream has proven to rate as an SPF25. Meaning it will delay the damage of the sun to 25 times longer than without cream. Add on top that all the ingredients are completely natural. It is the only sunscreen that some people with sensitive skin can use.
We started using this natural cream because our toddler developed eczema since she was 1 year old. Due to her very skin, she used to react badly to chemical sun creams, so we decided to Shade™ as it is only made of 4 INGREDIENTS!
Unlike many commercial sunscreens, Shade™ does not contain burn inhibitors which switch off the burning sensation. This sensation is basically our body's warning that we have been exposed to sunlight or too long, and the sensible approach is to cover up by wearing clothing or move out of the sun altogether. Shade™ SPF25 protects the skin from the UVA & UVB rays.
The reason this cream only comes at SPF25 is that the recommended ideal SPF is between 15 and 30. As SPF25 protects the skin from 96% of the sun's harmful UVB rays which cause burning, we believe that users will not be as complacent as they would be about using a high SPF, and if you need it to be a really super sunblock lay it on thick. Also, very high SPF is only achievable with chemical active ingredients, something it’s always very wise to avoid!
People with oily skin have found it to be fine for them also - zinc oxide is naturally astringent and so will help to dry out any excess oils.
- Made of only 4 natural ingredients
- Great in summer to protect from sun rays
- Use in colder months to prevent sun and wind damage to your skin
- Cruelty-free: none of the ingredients, not the final product has or will ever be tested on animals
- 100% Biodegradable sunscreen: it does not damage nor cause harm to coral and marine life
- It comes in a fully recyclable, no-leaching aluminium tin
- Bigger size for multiple uses
- 36% Shea butter
- 36% Coconut oil
- 10% beeswax
- 18% zinc oxide
What tests has Shade undergone?
Stability testing, microbiology testing, broad-spectrum sunscreen testing of effectiveness against UVA & UVB rays, and SPF validation tests. All tests conducted to EU standards by Alba Science of Edinburgh.
• ISO24443 In vitro Broad Spectrum Protection
• ISO 24444 In vivo with 13 live subjects. A Cosmetic Study to Determine the In-Vivo Sun Protection Factor of a Sunscreen Formulation
• Cosmetic Product Safety Data Analysis, conducted by Luciano Molinaro BSc Forensic Science & Investigative Analysis (Hons) (Kingston University), Forensic Chemistry and Trace Analysis, Analytical Methods in Forensic Science (Kingston University)
• Accelerated Stability Test
HOW TO USE
- If it’s cold and quite firm, rub it vigorously with warm fingertips to make it softer, or scoop some out of the tin and warm it between your hands, then apply generously at least 15min before exposure to the sun, and then reapply regularly, particularly after exposure to water or after sweating.
- 'Applying generously' means you need approximately a teaspoon for an adult face, and a shot glass full for an adult body.
- Be aware that putting an inadequate amount of sunscreen on effectively square-roots the SPF! So an SPF50 is rendered an SPF7, SPF25 is rendered an SPF5.
No-leaching tin made of aluminium, 100% recyclable.
All EarthBits packaging is 100% plastic-free and recyclable, using recycled or reused cardboard boxes, recycled/recycling paper and recyclable tape. Please re-use your packaged box should you need to send something else to a friend, family member or for your business, alternatively you can reuse it as a storage box in the house. Upcycling is one of our favourite zero-waste habits here at EarthBits!
ShadeTM was conceived to take us back to a time when life was simple, and our exposure to dangerous chemicals through personal care and household products was limited.
The Shade Team decided to launch their naturally made suncream as they believe there are too many dangerous chemicals that have found their way into mainstream sunscreens.
They want to offer a natural, healthy product that will keep both you and the planet healthy and strong!