NO MORE DISPOSABLE SANITARY TOWELS POLLUTING THE PLANET: An average woman usually uses around 200kg of disposable sanitary pads, tampons and applicators during her menstruating life, which usually end up either in landfills or flushed down the toilet and into the marine world. These reusable, re-washable sanitary towels are the best eco-alternative to reduce period-related contamination. You too can save the planet every single month!
SOFT CHARCOAL BAMBOO LINING TO KEEP YOU DRY: These environmentally friendly period liners are made with a super-soft charcoal bamboo lining. Their extra-absorbent nature will keep you dry and fresh for hours.
NO LEAKING, BEST ECO-SOLUTION FOR A BUSY LIFE: The outer layer of our panty liners is made with a waterproof, stain-resistant PUL fabric. Once fitted to your underwear by securing the sanitary liner with the side-poppers, you won't need to worry about any unwanted leaking. Guaranteed comfort and security even when working out at the gym or for busy women constantly on the go.
PERFECT FOR LIGHT FLOW OR SPOTTING: The small size of these panty liners (20*6.5cm) makes them perfect for light periods, as extra protection for women using a menstrual cup or tampons, and even as light incontinence pads.
As a woman, I never questioned how problematic using disposable sanitary products could be until I read an article mentioning the fact that most commercially made panty liners and sanitary pads are actually 90% made of plastic. This is a terrifying number if you think that these products cannot be recycled and they, therefore, end up in landfills, generating greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming or are flushed down the toilet, getting their way into polluting our seas and oceans through our sewage system.
Swapping to an eco-friendly solution was so easy, reusable and re-washable pads are practically the same as disposable ones, with the added bonus that can save money and the planet too! Our EarthBits ones come with a lovely flower print.
- External leakproof, stain-resistant PUL printed fabric.
- Soft and absorbent charcoal bamboo lining
- Designed to last, when properly cared for each pad can last for at least 3 years.
- Machine washable, at 30 Degrees Celcius
- Eco-friendly solution to fight menstruation-related pollution
- 2 side poppers to securely fit the liner to your underwear and guaranteeing no leaking while moving
- Foldable in pocket-size pouches
- Size: 20x6.5cm
HOW TO USE
- Place the panty liner into your underwear, making sure the bamboo charcoal fabric is positioned upwards.
- Secure the panty liner by snapping together the poppers underneath the gusset of your knickers.
- Once used, rinse under cold water folding the pad and gently rubbing the inner lining together. You can do this under the sink or even in the shower. Rinse and rub until there is no more leakage in the water.
- You can either keep your panty liners in a wet bag or in a bucket until your next wash!
- In order to increase their lifetime, we recommend hand washing or machine washing water at 30 Degree Celcius max.
- Let them air dry; tumble driers are not only bad for the environment but they will also shorten your panty liner durability.
All EarthBits products come with minimal packaging or no packaging whenever possible, in our ever-growing efforts to minimise our waste and impact on the environment. This eco-friendly pantyliner only comes with a simple label made of recycled and recyclable brown paper, printed with non-toxic ink.
All EarthBits packaging is 100% plastic-free and recyclable, using recycled or reused cardboard boxes, recycled/recycling paper and recyclable tape. Please re-use your packaged box should you need to send something else to a friend, family member or for your business, alternatively you can reuse it as a storage box in the house. Upcycling is one of our favourite zero-waste habits here at EarthBits!
First off, thank you for visiting our website! We starting our own journey as a zero-waste family with a clear goal in mind to make meaningful changes in our habits and lifestyle; our mantra has always been “have less impact on the planet, create less waste, and become better, more sustainable consumers”.
In our quest to swap plastic or disposable products with durable, plastic-free and less wasteful alternatives, we found there were companies we fell we could trust completely. These companies are now part of the EarthBits family and we are very proud to collaborate with them and showcase their products on this site!
On the other hand, we also found there were a lot of other products that were advertised as “eco-friendly” but didn’t seem to us as sustainable or ethical as we wanted them to be. With that in mind, we decided to launch our own brand of products, sourced from small, often family-run suppliers we can fully trust.
All our products have a story to tell, and they have been made with our beautiful Earth in mind! I hope you will love them as much as we do!