SAY NO TO INFECTION AND DISCOMFORT: Menstrual cups are made of medical-grade silicone. Unlike tampons, panty-liners and pads, they are made without any bleach, artificial fragrances, or other toxins/chemicals that increase the risk of irritation in your vagina.
CHOOSE THE SIZE THAT BEST SUITS YOUR BODY’S NEEDS: Hey Girls cups come in 2 sizes, Small and Large, depending on your age and whether you have given birth vaginally or not.
KIND TO YOUR BODY, KIND TO MOTHER NATURE: These lovely cups are made with reusable material, so they can be used over and over and over again: no more monthly piles of tampon and pads in the rubbish bin. No more waste, one month at a time!
A CUP THAT TACKLES PERIOD POVERTY IN THE UK: How? Every time you buy one HEY GIRLS cup, you also buy one for a UK girl or women in need. So that means for every box you buy they also give a box away- yep just that straightforward.
Menstrual cups are one of the best alternative solutions to eliminate the use of single-use menstrual pads. The reasons to swap to menstrual cups are multiple and varied:
THEY ARE BUDGET-FRIENDLY: Due to their reusable nature, they are very durable, unlike disposable tampons or pads, which have to be continually bought and therefore a lot more expensive.
THEY ARE SAFER THAN OTHER METHODS: As they collect blood rather than absorb it, there is less risk of getting toxic shock syndrome (TSS), a rare bacterial infection associated with tampon use. Menstrual cups hold more blood, so they don’t need to be changed as frequently as pads or tampons, making them very convenient and comfortable.
THEY ARE ECO-FRIENDLY: Reusable menstrual cups can last a long time, which means you’re not producing more waste and they are the perfect solution for a more sustainable lifestyle. Hey Girls menstrual cup can be used for up to 12 hours and also for overnight flows. It can be used anytime, for heavy and light flow days. Anyone with the heavier menstrual flow will need to empty it more frequently (but still less frequently than changing a pad or a tampon!)
- Large – red – age over 30 or have given birth vaginally whatever your age
- 100% medical grade silicone
- Latex, Phthalate, BPA and Dioxin free
- With storage pouch
For more tips, click on the "How To Use" tab!
WHY WE LOVE IT: Hey Girls has pledged to tackle period poverty in the UK and although they are relatively new in the fem-care scene, they are on track to support girls and women UK wide. Just in the last 12 months, they have donated over 2.4 million products. When you purchase one of their products from our store, you buy one for a UK girl or women in need too. Join us in supporting their fantastic Buy One Give One mission: that means together we can make a huge difference – every month!
This menstrual cup is 100% medical grade silicone. It is latex, phthalate, BPA and dioxin free.
HOW TO USE
- For first time users, lubricate your cup with water or other types of lubricant.
- Wash your hands and the menstrual cup before use.
- Rinse it carefully.
- Check that the air holes at the top of your cup are open.
- Insert the cup while sitting, standing or squatting. Spread your legs to help you to have a successful and comfortable insertion.
- Fold the cup in on itself to make flat, then in half to form a C shape.
- Keep it rolled up and guide it rim first into the vagina.
- Slide a clean finger up to the cup bottom, to determine that the cup is fully opened. It should feel round.
- It needs to be emptied 2 – 4 times a day.
- Wash your hands and relax your muscles before removing or emptying the cup. Grab the bottom of the cup.
- To break the seal, squeeze the bottom of the cup. Hold the stem when pulling it out.
- Pour the contents into the toilet.
- Rinse it carefully and reuse it.
- Please make sure that the cup is cleaned before and after to avoid discolouration and odour.
- Rinse first in cold water and then wash with hot water.
- IF YOU NEED ANY ADVICE, JUST GET IN TOUCH, I USE IT AS WELL AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SUPPORT!
Hey Girls cups come in a handy plastic-free drawstring reusable pouch. They are packaged in a recyclable cardboard box.
All EarthBits packaging is 100% plastic-free and recyclable, using recycled or reused cardboard boxes, recycled/recycling paper and recyclable tape. Please re-use your packaged box should you need to send something else to a friend, family or for your business, or as a storage box in the house. Upcycling is one of our favourite zero-waste habits here at EarthBits!
MEET HEY GIRLS
Hey Girls first and foremost philosophy is to empower girls and young women, and take care of their health. They are a passionate business who cares about the environment and wants to make a difference. They offer no leak, super comfy, chlorine and bleach-free, environmentally friendly product that tackles period poverty in the UK.
The profits from their Buy One Give One products go directly to help girls and young women in need. It was founded with the simple idea in mind that girls and young women should never have to compromise their wellbeing or their health. As a socially committed business, they constantly enrich the lives of girls and young women in the UK by exercising social and ethical responsibility in every aspect of their work.