Writing a Christmas card that means something is difficult, and sometimes it's difficult to think of anything more than the traditional "Merry Christmas".
Still need to buy your cards? Check out our eco-friendly Christmas cards, including plantable seed paper cards, and cards made from elephant dung!
So let's get into some Christmas message ideas below:
We all love a laugh at Christmas time, so spread some joy with these funny Christmas messages:
- What does Rudolph want for Christmas? A pony sleigh station! Happy Christmas!
- Wishing you a white Christmas! (but if in doubt, a bottle of white or red will do).
- How do snowmen get around? They ride an icicle! Happy Christmas
- What's every elf's favourite type of music? Wrap!
- This Christmas, may your family be functional and all your batteries be included.
- What's Santa's dogs called? Santa Paws!
- A Christmas message: Don’t try to borrow any money from elves ... they're always a little short! Happy Christmas!
We have a range of funny Christmas cards here.
You may prefer the more traditional type of Christmas card message, so below we've compiled a list of the more traditional favourites for you to choose from:
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
- Have a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
- All the best to everyone this Holiday Season!
- Merry Christmas with lots of love.
- Happy Christmas! I hope all of your wishes come true.
- Wishing you and your family health, happiness, peace and prosperity this Christmas and in the coming New Year.
We have a range of eco-friendly traditional Christmas cards here.
Christmas is a time of religious importance, so it makes sense to send a religious themed message in your Christmas card. Here are some of our favourites:
- God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it. Happy Christmas
- May your Christmas be filled with the true miracles and meaning of this Merry time.
- For to us a child is born, to us a son is given. Merry Christmas.
- The great challenge left to us is to cut through all the glitz and glam of the season that has grown increasingly secular and commercial, and be reminded of the beauty of the One who is Christmas.
- Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Have a lovely Christmas.
- Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable Gift. Happy Christmas
- Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Merry Christmas.
Perfect for sending to your significant other (or someone you'd like to be) these romantic messages will melt hearts this Christmas:
- All I want for Christmas is you.
- Forget the mistletoe, you can kiss me anytime you like.
- Christmas is more magical now that you’re in my life!
- The only thing I love more than Christmas is you.
- If I only had one mince pie I'd give it to you.
- You're the partridge to my pear tree.
- You are the reason for my smile and my happiness. I love you.
COVID-19 Themed Messages
Although it's no laughing matter, you may want to add a COVID twist on your Christmas message this year, so here are some ideas that might help:
- The Twelve Days of Quarantine
- All I want for Christmas is a vaccine
- New Year? Yes, Please!
- We Wish You a Negative Christmas
- Ping Ping Ping, Ping Ping Ping, Ping Ping - PCR!
- Christmas Masks are SO Last Year
- We're Elf-Isolating!
Check out some eco-friendly Christmas gift ideas here.