Native of Japan, this naturally vegan sponge come from the root of the Konnyaku plant, which grows in the wild in the Asian continent.
GENTLE EXFOLIATION FOR EVERYDAY USE: Its natural porous texture makes these natural sponges the ultimate face cleanser for all skin types, even the most sensitive ones. Its delicate smooth consistency makes it perfect for baby bath time too!
VEGAN ECO-FRIENDLY MAKE UP APPLICATOR AND REMOVER: Konjac sponges are so versatile in use they have been a common presence in Asian households for centuries! Just use it to apply your make-up and you will be guaranteed a long-lasting look. Together with soap and water, these sponges will also remove any type of makeup, yes, even swipe away mascara!
SMOOTH GLOWY COMPLEXION WHILE REMOVING TOXINS AND TREATING CLOGGED PORES: Konjac sponges are extremely efficient at cleaning skin from blackheads, dirt, excessive oil and dead skin. Its natural fibres will unclog blocked pores giving your skin a bright healthy glow. Also recommended for sunburns and dry skin as it gently exfoliates while protecting the natural PH of your epidermis.
RICH IN NATURAL VITAMINS & NATURAL MINERALS: The Konjac plant is naturally alkaline, which helps to maintain the natural skin balance. As it comes from very rich soil, this natural scrub is packed with vitamins, natural minerals such as copper, zinc, iron and magnesium, as well as protein and fatty acids.
If you are looking for the ultimate eco-friendly multi-purpose sponge, here it is! Konjac sponges are basically a sort of potato from the Konnyaku plant, an Asian plant that grows at high altitudes. It’s made 97% of water, vitamins and natural minerals, as well as being naturally alkaline.
- 100% natural vegetable fibre
- Rich in minerals and antioxidants
- 100% free from chemicals - 100% biodegradable at end of life
- Cruelty free
- Suitable for Vegans
- Suitable for delicate, dry skin - Recommended for Rosacea and other skin condition sufferers
- Baby-friendly due to its gentle and soft texture, and additive-free composition. When Japanese farmers first started using Konjac sponges, their main use was to bathe their babies!
- 2 colours available: Natural white and Green
100% Konjac sponge from the Konjac Konnyaku plant.
HOW TO USE
- Your konjac sponge when dry looks rather hard. Before starting using it, soak it in warm water for 10-15 minutes.
- Gently squeeze any excess water out, apply a small amount of soap or essential oils or just use the sponge plain.
- Rub the konjac sponge on your skin in circular motions.
- If using to remove make-up, we recommend applying some natural cleanser or coconut oil to help get rid of waterproof cosmetics.
- Rinse the konjac sponge well with cool water and gently squeeze water out. If used with a make-up, wash with gentle soap before hanging to dry.
- Let it air dry between use.
- Change once a month if used daily, or when it loses its rubbery smooth consistency.
- Compost at the end of life.
All EarthBits products come with minimal packaging or no packaging whenever possible, in our ever-growing efforts to minimise our waste and impact on the environment. This konjac sponge only comes with a simple recycled and recyclable brown paper label, printed with non-toxic ink.
All EarthBits packaging is 100% plastic-free and recyclable, using recycled or reused cardboard boxes or mailing bags, recycled/recycling paper and recyclable tape. Please re-use your packaged box should you need to send something else to a friend, family member or for your business, alternatively you can reuse it as a storage box in the house. Upcycling is one of our favourite zero-waste habits here at EarthBits!
First off, thank you for visiting our website! We starting our own journey as a zero-waste family with a clear goal in mind to make meaningful changes in our habits and lifestyle; our mantra has always been “have less impact on the planet, create less waste, and become better, more sustainable consumers”.
In our quest to swap plastic or disposable products with durable, plastic-free and less wasteful alternatives, we found there were companies we fell we could trust completely. These companies are now part of the EarthBits family and we are very proud to collaborate with them and showcase their products on this site!
On the other hand, we also found there were a lot of other products that were advertised as “eco-friendly” but didn’t seem to us as sustainable or ethical as we wanted them to be. With that in mind, we decided to launch our own brand of products, sourced from small, often family-run suppliers we can fully trust. All our products have a story to tell, and they have been made with our beautiful Earth in mind! I hope you will love them as much as we do!